Sunday, July 28, 2013

I'm a Caterpillar

Like I have said before, growing up is interesting. You aren't a child any more but you aren't an adult either. You technically never have to go back to school if you don't really want to. Now what??? At the beginning of the summer it finally hit me. I am leaving, I am moving, and all of this alone. I don't like to be alone. I never have, and don't think I ever will. I think it is what happens when you are the oldest of 7. When have I ever been alone???? So this summer there has been lots of adjusting. Where do I fit now? I have a "place" in Idaho (I have my music world, institute, and a singles ward), but not here at home anymore. This is a hard fact of reality. So as the summer goes on I am getting more and more excited for Idaho. Less than a month now, and my life will change for ever. I can never go back to being a child again.
I like this quote:
"How can you and I really expect to glide naively through life as if to say, Lord, give me experience-- but not grief, not sorrow, not pain, not opposition, not betrayal, and certainly not be forsaken. Keep from me, Lord, all those experiences that made Thee what Thou art! Then let me come and dwell with Thee and fully share in Thy joy!"
-Neal A. Maxwell

All of us have to grow up at some point right? All of us have to move out and live on our own. Even our Savior had too. This is just part of being here on Earth.

So this is me, looking toward the future. I just wish I knew what it holds in store for me.


I like these quotes too! It really does take courage to grow up and step out on your own. Right now I could be anything and anyone I wanted to be. So I follow my dreams. I follow what makes me happy, music and dance. 

So as of now I am simply a caterpillar one day to be a butterfly.



1 comment:

  1. When I was in high school and you were a baby we had to illustrate and write a children's book. Mine was about a caterpillar. You were my little inspiration - everyone used to call you Becca bug. I had a picture of you and I turned you into a cute caterpillar who found success and became a beautiful butterfly. Only super thorough sophomore I was, I misspelled the word sucess (I left out a c) on every page! Caterpillars have to struggle to make a cocoon and then to wriggle out. If they didn't - their wings would not be prepared, not strong enough for the world outside the cocoon and would be unable to fly. Embrace the struggle and prepare your wings. Love you so.

    ReplyDelete