Friday, July 26, 2013

Beethoven's 5th



For ISU I have to learn 4 excerpts of Beethoven's 5th Symphony- Second Movement. This isn't little kid music any more, this is real honest to goodness college level music. I have had some (not much) experience with this level of music because of full orchestra last year. My viola teacher and I were looking at it and both kinda freaking out a little bit. I had the first two excerpts under control but the last two seemed just about impossible even for him. Needless to say I was freaking out. What happens if I simply can't play this?!?! So I finally listened to it... something I should have done three weeks ago! We had the tempo (how fast you play) twice as fast as it should be. The joys of having a friend as a teacher. So we felt like violists. I am so excited now. I can play my music with no problems, none at all. Me playing music at full tempo within 3 weeks of getting it is a miracle. That is something that just doesn't happen. My 32nd notes will get there, but they are so much more doable now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment