Sunday, September 14, 2014

7 months later

So seven months ago my arm started to feel weird. Within a week I got my massive migraines that ended me up in the ER twice. I wasn't able to sleep through the night due to neck and arm pain. I had to stop playing viola. I ended up with two incompletes. Well 7 months later..... Not far from where I was in February/March. I have now seen 5 doctors. I have had a CT and an MRI. I have had a nerve conduction study and physical therapy. I even own two cervical collars aka cones of shame. I still can't play. It is really hard. All I have worked for for the past 4 years all out the window. I can't literally play. I have been told so many different things and they all overlap but none are identical. I stopped PT when I  started my vacation time but since I have regressed almost back to where I was in February/March. I have a very stiff neck. My mobility is decreasing drastically. My arm is tingly it feels like I touched an outlet. I wake up with almost no sensation in my arm. Who knows. Who knows when my neck will feel better. I am really hoping that someone either in Louisville or Buena Vista/Lexington can figure it out. I really do feel like it is skeletal which causes issues with muscles and nerves.  It is frustrating. I want to play.  I want to be normal. I want to be able to wear whatever I want. I want to be able to look down without being in pain. There are so many things I would love to do. Being able to play makes my major enjoyable, without it it is torture. I should have just hit my 5 year mark, instead I woke up with a numb arm. I get so frustrated I am a music major because I love viola. I am a music major because it makes me happy to play. It connects with my soul. Yep no viola. I get to be in music classes but I am in the two nastiest ones that exists to man kind. I get to pretend to be a music major but part of me is missing. It is a hole I can't fill.


No comments:

Post a Comment